- Remind children that they should never go near pools or other water sources by themselves.
- Make sure your children have your contact information, along with their address, memorized. Also, have emergency contact numbers easily available just in case.
- Take a moment and re-teach your children how to cross the road safely. Do it a few times with them until you're confident they have it down.
- Go over your €œstranger€ lessons so that children know never to speak, give information or go anywhere with a stranger.
- Teach your child how to use, and when to use, 911. That is a valuable tool that even very young kids can utilize!
Health Tip: Summer Safety for Kids
Many school districts end their year by mid-May, which means a lot of kids end up with some free time on their hands. Even if your children know how to stay safe, it helps to remind them and reinforce safe habits. Here are some safety tips to help kick summer off on the right foot this year: